Becca Shelby
Email: BeccaShelby@Gmail.com

Monday, February 16, 2009

A Fall '09 Favorite to Date

While it's a little more polished than my actual aesthetic preference, Erin Featherston's collection is a clear favorite for me thus far. Before reading about her sources of inspiration (namely, the soldiers in The Nutcracker and other such toys that spring to life), I immediately looked at the tights at top left and thought "wow, those remind me of the pulls employed by a puppeteer". I absolutely love them. I adored all of the heels with straps buckling up the ankles and thereby running perpendicular to the stripes of the tights, the slouchy knit caps contrasting the polished looks (getting closer to my own style on that note), and the leather gloves throughout. The black leather jacket paired with the frilly white dress is also a clear winner for me - note the jeweled glove. The looks shown represent my favorites- therefore the exceedingly frilly has been exempt.
Click Here For Featherston's Complete Collection

Taking into consideration the state of the economy, I think her collection was smart. Like the nautical trend for spring, anything with a studious feel for fall (which this collection does elicit) tends to be a safe bet.


*Photos from Style.com*

No comments: