Becca Shelby
Email: BeccaShelby@Gmail.com

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Spring Shopping Inspiration

Last weekend I went shopping - admittedly the first time I've shopped anywhere other than online in a few months now. Unfortunately, I've been so caught up and excited about next fall that NOTHING on shelves was appealing to me. Time for a refresher course in 'what's covetable for spring/summer'. Aside from DVF's show-which needs a bit of an edge to work for me, I was having a hard time remembering. So, I've researched and displayed my findings in the hopes that the next time I sift through boutique shelves, more will jump out at me.
I'm thinking the general goal will be de-sweetening otherwise sweet dresses & tunics with bulky and edgy belts, footwear and accessories. The insane LA Summer heat isn't exactly conducive to anything overly fitted or structured so light and airy is basically a must. Also loving suede and neutral colors, although a few months ago I did go on a vibrant pink rampage and therefore have some DVF-ish neon/fuchsia/pink floral dresses that'll get some
circulation...with black leather studded belts ofcourse.
*You can speed the progression of the slideshow with the arrows at the bottom right if you hover over the show itself*


*All Images originated at Style.com and Coutorture.com for the Isabel Marant pieces.

No comments: